barefoot bloggers!

>> March 12, 2009

today is my first barefoot bloggers post! excitement!

Lindsey of Noodle Nights and Muffin Mornings chose chicken piccata (from Barefoot Contessa at Home) as the first recipe for march. I changed the recipe a little bit by not breading the chicken in breadcrumbs and adding some capers to the sauce. this was actually a FANTASTIC recipe because it fit really nicely into my "eating down the fridge" challenge, too!




i've made other Ina recipes before, and i'm always really impressed with how well they turn out. i think i needed to brown the chicken a little longer in the pan, but the sauce was awesome. definitely a winner -- and totally easy and cheap! who doesn't have some lemons, flour, butter, and white wine lying around?!

i served it up with some boiled baby yukon potatoes, steamed green beans, and my mom whipped up a nice salad (you can sort of see my dad's in the background up there) with tomatoes, olives, and cucumbers. quite an enjoyable family dinner.

i'm looking forward to the next recipe... but i'll keep that a surprise.
ciao!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  March 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Welcome to the group! Your chicken looks fantastic!

~Delta Whiskey

Penny March 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Glad to have you join us. Will be following your blog.

amanda March 13, 2009 at 1:25 PM  

Welcome to the group!

Your chicken looks great! I hadn't thought about not breading the chicken but I can see how the sauce would be good on it. Hmm.. I think I'm going to have to try it on some grilled breasts soon!

Candy March 14, 2009 at 11:09 AM  

Welcome to the group! You piccata looks great. I'm running behind on this one...

Anonymous,  March 14, 2009 at 10:12 PM  

It's great that you enjoyed your first BB recipe. Welcome!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP